* Conducts an individualized patient assessment, prioritizing the data collection based
on the patient's immediate condition or needs within timeframe specified by client
facility's policies, procedures or protocols.
* Conducts ongoing assessments as determined by patient's condition and/or the client facility's policies, procedures or protocols and reprioritizes care accordingly.
* Develops plan of care that is individualized for the patient reflecting collaboration with other members of the healthcare team.
* Performs appropriate treatments as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner.
* Performs therapeutic nursing interventions as established by individualized plan of care for the patient and his/her family.
* Delivers care with appropriate age and cultural competence to specific patient
populations according to individualized needs.
* Provides individualized patient/family education customized to the patient and his/her family.
* Documents patient assessment findings, physical/psychosocial responses to nursing intervention and progress towards problem resolution.* Initiates emergency resuscitative measures according to adult resuscitation and
advanced life support protocols.
* Maintains confidentiality in matters related to patient, family and client facility staff.
* Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the patient's and family's diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights.